PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to COVID-19 virus, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us via telephone or through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

Your Family Matters

Legal Guardianship

On Behalf of | Jul 3, 2018 | Family Law

Guardianship for an incapacitated adult allows the person caring for the adult to make all decisions including medical, living accommodations and financial responsibilities. A family law attorney can assist a Guardian or conservator who are both appointed by a judge.

A Conservator is different than a Guardian as they are appointed to only make decisions about money and investments.

To begin the process of legal guardianship or conservator, a family lawyer will explain the process and begin the important step of filing a petition with the court.